Saturday, January 14, 2012

Why Can't I Draw Unicorns??

I don't know why, but I can't seem to draw unicorns right. It's bothering me.

In case you haven't seen my past two attempts at drawing a unicorn on paint... well here you go:

SO OLD.

SO NOT OLD.

It really shouldn't bother me this much... but it does. I mean... look at them. They're hideous. If they didn't have horns they'd just look like... I don't even know.  I know I've drawn some pretty crappy pictures in the past, but this is just sad.

Anyway, I'm hoping to redeem myself by drawing a somewhat not horrible unicorn. I'll take anyone who cares to follow through my process of bettering my unicorn drawing skill.

STEP ONE: Try again and pray it looks pretty.

MY EYES. THEY BLEED.

STEP TWO: Cry in a corner

Done.

STEP THREE: Look at an internet picture of a unicorn and draw on real paper to gain back self confidence.

Objective. Complete. 

STEP FOUR: Forget all about your original task of drawing a good unicorn on paint and focus all of your energy on making this hand-drawn unicorn look spectacular because you've already invested a hell of a lot of time in it.


STEP FIVE: Shed tears of happiness.

After drawing this I wondered why I never just scanned my pictures onto the computer to begin with. Then I looked at the clock and realized just how much time I'd just spent on drawing a single unicorn. Mystery solved.

3 comments:

  1. That is bad ass. I might be just a little jealous of your mad skillz.

    Okay, maybe a lot.

    You keep me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. supercalifagilisticexpialidocious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent. My fave is the first one =]

    ReplyDelete