Monday, May 27, 2013

I Will Fail This Goal But I'll Try

I've made an executive decision to give up Facebook for the week. This will probably last about as long as my promises to write consistant blog posts.

Facebook is making me upset. It's not the layout or the features or anything, but the people. I miss my friends from college, and I'm way too lazy to reconnect with all of my buds from high school. Well, too lazy to reconnect with the ones who forget to invite me to reunion-y activities. So where does this leave me? At home. On Facebook. Living vicariously through the social gatherings of other people.

There is a constant tsunami of cutesy summer-esc photos swallowing my newsfeed and pulling it into the depths of Poseidon's domain. Sure, I'm posting pictures of my own adventures. I'm hanging with my best friends from home and enjoying the break. That doesn't make me any less upset.

Why should I be forced to page through someone else's summer vacation photos and see all the cool stuff I've never done? Half these photos don't even belong to people I care about. Yeah, so my friend from a summer program I went to two years ago had a blast in Hawaii. Good for her. Oh, and then I get to the photos of my good friends. These photos are more interesting, but upset me even more because I'm not with them for the photos and I miss their faces. Well... I see their faces... but I miss being included in the fun times.

So I'm not going to go on Facebook this week. I'm going to concentrate on having fun with the people who I'm with, rather than sulking over missing adventures with those who I'm not with. This will also probably free up a considerable amount of time that I could use doing other things, like crafts and biking.

Haha, the outside.

8 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! It's not good when face book or anything on the Internet consumes your life. Create your own adventure and love life to te fullest. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea..NO more facebook for me...oh who am i kidding,it's not going to last...speaking of which that gives me a great idea for a blog post..going to surely credit you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah it lasted about 2 hours until I was back online....

      Delete
    2. There....I did it!!!

      http://marblesonglass.blogspot.ae/2013/08/facebook-addict.html

      Delete
  3. Yessssssss!. Oh my goodness. I'm having the exact same problem. I'm thinking of either giving up Facebook or limiting my computer time. My idea was 2 and a half hours (because that's the length of a movie. haha!).

    I never answered your last post - I'm at Deerfield. Going into senior year now. How was your first year of college? I'll be honest, the first year was kinda rough, especially in the beginning.

    I'm glad you're still posting! I plan to start back. It's only been a year. lol =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KEREN!!! It's been so long :'D
      College was awesome!! Senior year oh snaaaap. You applying to schools?

      Delete
    2. Hahaha =D

      I know right. It's crazy. I am applying to schools. Stalling but I need to sit down and look at schools and figure out a little bit of what I want. What are you up to this summer?

      Delete
    3. Haha, applying is a pain in the butt, but worth it in the end. You should definitely apply to Northeastern, not just cause it's awesome (cause it issss) but because there's no supplement :D

      Delete